Some people don't need professional help when it comes to repairing or upcycling things around the house. These photos provide a glimpse of their creative skills.
Natural DIYers and artistic people are invariably good at tackling repairs without help and will leave items looking as good as new, often with their own little twist.
Here are 20 photos of inspiring repairs and upcycles.
1. Ready for the cat to scratch
2. As good as new and comfy too!
3. A second lease of life
4. A contemporary finish
5. A quick sand and a couple of coats of paint
6. All it took was a pretty ribbon
7. One for cat-lovers!
8. Ready for next winter!
9. Two old chairs turned into one
10. A fun twist
11. A comfy option
12. Wonderful wicker work
13. Well worth the effort!
14. A splash of color
15. For anyone good at crochet
16. Much better than throwing them in the trash
17. When holes become flowers
18. Comfy rocking chair
19. When you have a good sense of humor
20. Ready to wear for another year