In some countries, winter covers the land in a blanket of snow, while people head indoors for a piping hot chocolate in front of a cozy fire.
Countries where it snows a lot often witness stunning and unusual sights on a daily basis. From walls of snow that reach several feet in height to beautiful, natural ice sculptures, internet users across the globe have snapped and shared their winter findings.
Here are 20 photos that show how amazing and awesome heavy snowfall can be.
1. Looks pretty comfy!
2. When tears freeze
3. The back of this pick-up
4. Good luck with getting to work!
5. When ice peels off road signs
6. A second window pane
7. Just enough room to put out the trash
8. He's used to it...
9. When a barrier creates an ice sculpture
10. In some countries they build more than snowmen!
11. One very strong roof
12. Guess which bench is in the shade
13. Stunning frozen roses
14. The broom was leaning against the car!
15. When your pool freezes over
16. Patiently waiting for summer
17. This is why home insulation is essential
18. Just another winter's day in Scandinavia
19. Hopefully there won't be any fires to put out...
20. Imagine having to use this toilet in Siberia