Most of us have heard of the saying ‘a picture is worth a thousand words’ and it’s certainly the case when it comes to the illustrations produced by a Japanese artist who goes by the name of Avogado6.
Although little is known about the artist, he says he’s just an ordinary guy who, according to his Twitter feed, likes chemistry! Armed with only pencils and pens, his works of art transcend the spoken word, as he creates vivid images that touch the very core of our emotions and feelings.
The artist has published two books and boasts more than 650k followers on Twitter and 138k on Instagram.
So in honor of Avogado6’s immense talent, here’s a small selection of his works, all of which strike a chord when it comes to human feelings and reactions.
1. Game over
2. Having spikes on the outside doesn't you don't have a soft, loving soul
3. What we live and what we decide to post online can be poles apart
4. The decline of the nuclear family?
5. As time goes by
7. When you feel life chipping away at you...
8. When you spot your soulmate, but their life's heading in another direction
9. Coffee makes the world go round
10. 'Welcome To The Machine'
11. Cat love!
12. Your thoughts may be negative, but at least you're not following a headless herd...
13. Cord-cutting... A tale of liberation
14. 'Hello Darkness, my old friend'...
15. Feeling crushed by worries
16. The passage of time or how we feel during an exhausting heatwave?
17. When someone predatory persuades you to leave your gilded cage
18. Online trolls...
19. The weight of wisdom
20. When suicide seems your only choice or perhaps this is a 'we reap what we sow' analogy...