Natural phenomena, flora and fauna provide an infinite source of beauty and complexity. Unless we are a specialist or an expert, many of these may leave us scratching our heads...
Here are 16 photos of some awesome natural wonders.
1. Calceolaria uniflora, a flower that could be straight out of a Sc-Fi movie
2. Impatiens Bequaertii and its "dancing" flower
3. Senecio peregrinus, which has dolphin-shaped leaves
4. Mushrooms that look like marine sponges
5. When clouds look like a tornado heading your way
6. A feline eclipse
7. A stone or a car part?
8. The color of this mollusc!
9. Enhanced by a setting sun
10. A ballet dancer orchid
11. A blue Argus butterfly, commonly found in Europe
12. A lake in Australia that looks like the tree of life
13. The power of crashing waves
14. A Psychotria elata puckers up for a kiss
15. An orchid that looks like a flying duck
16. The Eternal Flame Falls in NY