19 tricks for people who hate to clean
If you're like most people, you hate to clean.
But you should know that there are some easy tricks you can use to avoid having to scrub every corner of your home, and this can be done while keeping your house clean.
Surprising isn't it? And yet it’s very real. One little hint – always have white vinegar and baking soda on hand.
Here are 19 very useful and effective tips for anyone who hates cleaning.
1. No more scrubbing coffee or tea mugs – white vinegar easily removes stains.
© startsat60 / Via startsat60.com
2. A lint roller is perfect for cleaning lampshades. Say goodbye to dust!
© wrappedinrust / Via wrappedinrust.com
3. Common sense: always put aluminum foil under the tray in your toaster oven, so you never have to clean up crumbs again!
© HelloAlice / Via imgur.com
4. Don’t stress out about makeup “dust” or glitter: use a piece of tape to pick it all up!
© womanistic / Via womanistic.net
It’s also good for picking up dust bunnies or animal hair.
5. Don’t use a sponge to clean your blender anymore!
© TheTodayShow / Via today.com
All you need is a little soapy water. Turn on the blender to get it to work. You’ll see that all the food residue comes off and your blender is just like new! Rinse it off and that’s all there is to it!
6. Mix white vinegar with a little dish soap and you get a cheap, effective cleaner for just about anything!
© shewearsmanyhats / Via shewearsmanyhats.com
You’ll be able to save a lot of money! You can change up the formula for different jobs, but it’s a very versatile and effective cleaner.
7. An easy way to disinfect a sponge…
© 6sqft / Via 6sqft.com
Put a wet sponge and a little white vinegar in a mug, and then microwave it on high for 2 minutes. While you’re at it, give the inside of the microwave a scrub first and you can two birds with one stone.
8. Use vinegar to clean shower heads!
© thepurposefulmom / Via thepurposefulmom.com
All you need is a baggie and some white vinegar to clean your shower head. Fill the baggie with the vinegar, secure it over the head with a rubber band, and let it soak overnight.
9. A rubber window squeegee is perfect for removing animal hair from your sofa or carpet. A latex glove will also do the trick.
© drsfostersmith / Via drsfostersmith.com
10. A really dirty dish can be cleaned without scrubbing!
© yournationnews / Via yournationnews.com
To do this, put a non-toxic dryer sheet in the pan and fill it with water. Let it sit overnight. The next day, it’ll be a breeze to wipe the dish clean!
11. Use an iron and a damp towel to remove stains from a carpet.
© Clark / Via clark.com
12. Grease stains on your clothes? Rub chalk or talcum powder on the stain and let it sit overnight.
© popsugar / Via popsugar.com
13. Use baking soda and essential oils to freshen up your mattress.
© diynetwork / Via diynetwork.com
Add a few drops of essential oil to a cup of baking soda and sprinkle it on the mattress. Rub in circular motions and leave it on for 20 minutes. Vacuum it up and your mattress will smell great!
14. Use some tongs and an old cloth or rag to clean the blinds!
© hometalk / Via hometalk.com
15. Vodka cleans clothes and furniture!
© beautylish / Via beautylish.com
Make your cleanser with 1/8 cup of vodka, a few drops of your favorite essential oil, and 1 3/4 cup of water. Pour it into a spray bottle and spritz your clothes and furniture.
16. Clean your electronics with a coffee filter!
© Natalie Brown / BuzzFeed
17. To make your laundry dry faster, add one or two dry towels with the wet clothes.
© bobvila / Via bobvila.com
18. Drop a couple of Alka-Seltzer tablets in your toilet, and it will be clean in no time.
© mom4real / Via mom4real.com
19. Use a hair blow dryer to remove bumper stickers from your car without leaving any residue.
© shetriedwhat / Via shetriedwhat.com
By Straker Julia
Passionate about writing, I write articles on the subjects that I love. Creativity and Animals themes are my favorites!