Ranging from a simple but gigantic avocado to a valuable treasure found at a thrift store, no one knows what the jackpot will consist of on their lucky day. Whatever it is, any pleasant surprise is a welcome one.
Here are 20 photos illustrating what a lucky day might look like.
1. With such a huge avocado, dinner promises to be delicious!
2. A small hamburger bun embedded in the larger one – for smaller appetites
3. A Scandinavian strawberry cutting board from the 1960s (worth over $100!) found in a thrift store for $3.
4. A cannister of chips that didn’t skimp on flavor
5. A lamp bought for $10 – that’s actually worth almost $2000!
6. An 18-carat gold chain with a star sapphire pendant and diamond accent found at a thrift store for $5
7. Hitting the watermelon jackpot
8. A lithograph bought for $60 which turned out to be one of only 60 printed – worth about $1200
9. While shopping at the local thrift store, this guy found a t-shirt of the rock band he played in ten years ago!
10. One lady saw this pretty painting at a thrift store, and it caught her eye because it reminded her of her grandmother’s paintings. She eventually discovered that it was actually done by her grandmother!
11. She found a sweater in a thrift store that was just like one her mother has been wearing for 10 years. Here they are wearing the same sweater for a photo!
12. This guy dreamed of owning this exact model of Italian coffee maker (worth over $1200) for years. He found it for $6.50 at a local thrift store.
13. He found this silver piece for about a dollar at a thrift store. It’s worth more than $200.
14. Sometimes you can find vintage name brand items at the thrift store for a few dollars…
15. He found a handmade Navajo rug at a thrift store for $1.50. Other rugs by the same weaver are valued at over $2500.
16. This guy thought he had bought just a mirror for $30 but discovered that it’s actually worth $1200.
17. One dad found all the Polly Pockets for $4 – and made his daughters very happy!
18. This engraved silverware was a real find – paid $15, worth over $1000.
19. This dress is from the Renaissance, and someone bought it for $5!
20. This pretty 18-carat bracelet sold for $5.