By needing to stand out from the competition, chefs can sometimes get carried away by plating up food in some quite incredible ways - and that's not always a positive thing!
Here are 20 photos taken in restaurants that like to get creative when plating up food...
1. A cocktail served in a bath complete with a rubber duck
2. So all the sauce oozes out...
3. Tacos hanging out to dry?
4. Corn dogs on a ceramic cushion
5. All-in-one coffee and donut
6. Churros served in a shoe...
7. Any idea what this could be?
8. Fancy some barf?
9. Delivered in a truck
10. A donut tree
11. Why the hand???
12. There's soup underneath the parsley...
13. How to upcycle a tool box
14. And recycle egg boxes!
15. Because who doesn't love eating from a dog bowl?
16. Shoe box. Now we've seen it all...
17. Served on raw potatoes
18. Drink your soup from a shell
19. For a natural touch?
20. Would you pay for this Cesar salad?