As the saying goes, every penny counts, and if we save money and help the planet then it's a win-win all the way! And to give us ideas, netizens have been sharing their little everyday tips on recycling objects that would otherwise end up in the trash.
Here are 20 photos of money-saving recycling ideas - and Planet Earth will thank you too!
1. Use jars for drinks and packaging as a "holder"
2. Crocheted from plastic bags
3. Use condiment jars for drinks
4. Keep decorations and enjoy them every year
5. Toilet paper rolls are excellent seedling pots, and you can place them in an old plastic container
6. Keep duvet or quilt bags and use them for storage
7. A rug made from old T-shirts
8. Use old socks as a dusting glove
9. Plant potatoes that have germinated
10. Turn a stain into a pattern
11. A handy tray
12. 1982 had the same calendar as 2021 - and this person found their old diary!
13. Never throw away paper that can still be used
14. Turn an old parasol into a dog coat
15. This company only uses fully recyclable packaging
16. Perfect for cat cubicles!
17. Hole punch fallen leaves for eco-friendly confetti
18. Bed frames make excellent supports for climbing plants
19. Use a leather scrap to make a thimble
20. This family has been using this as a soap dispenser since 1999!